Job and Duties of a Company Secretary Hong Kong Company
A Company Secretary is a senior situation in a private sector company or open sector organization, normally as a managerial position or above. In large American and Canadian openly recorded corporations, a company secretary is typically named a Corporate Secretary or Secretary.
In spite of the name, the job cannot clerical or secretarial one in the usual sense. The company secretary ensures that an organization complies with relevant legislation and regulation, and keeps board individuals educated regarding their legal obligations. Company secretaries are the company’s named representative on legal documents, and it is their duty to ensure that the company and its directors operate inside the law. It is also their duty to enroll and communicate with shareholders, to ensure that dividends are paid and to maintain company records, for example, arrangements of directors and shareholders, and annual accounts.
In many nations, private companies have traditionally been legally necessary to appoint one individual as a company secretary, and this individual will also usually be a senior board part.
Job and duties of a company secretary:
Companies law requires just a recorded company to have an entire time secretary and a solitary part company (any company that cannot open company) to have a secretary.
The Hong Kong bank account opening to be appointed by a recorded company shall be an individual from a perceived body of professional accountants, or an individual from a perceived body of corporate/chartered secretaries or an individual holding a masters qualification in Business Administration or Commerce or is a Law graduate from a college perceived and having relevant experience. Be that as it may, the company secretary of a solitary part company shall be an individual holding a bachelor qualification from a college perceived.
The obligations of a Company secretary hk are usually contained in an employment contract. Be that as it may, the company secretary generally plays out the accompanying capacities:-
Elements of secretary:
(1). Secretarial capacities:
- To ensure compliance of the arrangements of Companies Law and rules made there-under and different statutes and bye-laws of the company.
- To ensure that business of the company is led as per its items as contained in its memorandum of association.
- To ensure that affairs of the company are managed as per its items contained in the articles of association and the arrangements of the Companies Law.
- To prepare the agenda in consultation with the Chairman and different documents for all the gatherings of the board of directors.
- To arrange with and to call and hold gatherings of the board and to prepare a right record of procedures.
- To attend the broad gatherings so as to ensure that the legal requirements are satisfied, and give such information as are necessary.
- To prepare, in consultation with the chairman, the agenda and different documents for the general gatherings.
- To arrange with the consultation of chairman the annual and extraordinary general gatherings of the company and to attend such gatherings so as to ensure compliance with the legal requirements and to make right record thereof.
- To carry out all matters worried about the allotment of shares, and issuance of share certificates including maintenance of statutory Share Register and directing the appropriate activities associated with share transfers.